Job Summary: Interacts with customers providing exceptional customer service and accurately and efficiently executing customer financial transactions in a friendly and professional manner.
Department: Branch Operations
Reports to: Head Teller or Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Completes comprehensive, prompt, and efficient customer transactions
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records
- Issues money orders and cashier’s checks
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amount to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the Head Teller as necessary
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Cashes checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments, and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station to supervisor.
- Cross sells bank products
- Answers the telephone and assists customer with account questions, online banking and debit card issues
- Must effectively adhere to BSA policies and procedures
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent; may be an active high school student.
- Ability to establish relationships by getting to know every customer in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Ability to educate clients on bank products and financial services and make referrals when a potential opportunity has been identified.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to follow company policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy.