Teller - Part-Time - Fort Wayne
The teller interacts with customers, providing exceptional customer service, while accurately and efficiently executing customer financial transactions in a friendly and professional manner.
This position is located in Huntington, Indiana and reports to the head teller.
- Completes comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement and enters deposits into computer records.
- Issues money orders and cashier's checks.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amount to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the head teller as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Cashes checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments, and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station to supervisor.
- Cross sells bank products.
- Must effectively adhere to BSA policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to establish relationships by getting to know every customer, in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Ability to educated clients on bank products and financial services, and make referrals when a potential opportunity has been identified.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy.