Head Teller/Customer Service Rep - Full-Time - Fort Wayne
Head Teller/ Customer Service Representative
Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing teller activities, teller scheduling, maintaining records of vault and teller station cash balances, and overseeing currency accounts. Additionally, this individual sets up and opens new deposit accounts and assists customers with questions related to these accounts
Department: Branch Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: Tellers
- Performs normal teller duties on as needed basis.
- Provides on-the-job training for tellers on an as-needed basis.
- Monitors tellers to ensure compliance with financial institution procedures and policies.
- Issues written and oral instructions on teller operations as necessary.
Assists tellers in locating cash discrepancies, manages unusual window transactions, and answers difficult customer questions.
- Receives loan payments, inspects negotiable instruments and cash offered for payment, and enters payments received into financial institution computer records.
- Performs a variety of customer service transactions, such as account holds, stop payment orders, direct deposits and check confirmation.
- Ensures all teller stations are adequately stocked and ready for subsequent shifts at changeover or closing.
- May conduct performance evaluations for tellers and resolve grievances.
- Maintains money shipment vault cash and accepts cash from teller operations personnel.
- Performs all new deposit account procedures as needed for customers
- Sets up and opens new deposit accounts and assists customers with questions related to these accounts.
- Cross-markets financial institutions products and services as appropriate.
- Must effectively adhere to BSA policies and procedures
- Other duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate degree in business, finance or related field preferred.
- Previous Teller experience required
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as good standard office equipment skills.
- Good understanding of First Federal Savings Bank products and services.